Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Classic Pipe


Classic Pipeline barrel. Posted by Hello

Well, this is the North Shore and these are real waves. Note the drop-in on a wave 3-4 times head high last night about 5:30pm. This is unbelievable stuff - much too big for an old man like me, but oh is it fun to watch.

What is really amazing about the Pipe is that it is just so close to beach. You can literally stroll down from the parking lot (provided there is a space!) and right there in front of you is world class surf. All I had with me was a little point-and-shoot camera - no lenses, nothing. My fellow professor, Greg, brought a 200mm telephoto lens with a real camera. He got some great shots of this - and the Rip Curl Pipeline Pro might go today. There could be some great surfing going on here today.

I still have a two and a half inch stack of papers to grade by Thursday at noon when grades are due, but what a great venue to read... I love this place!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is just unbelievable. I can't believe people are actually surfing in those Tsunamis!!!

Scarry Stuff!

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home